Monday, November 22, 2010

MWC Predictions Recap, 2010 Week Twelve

I said: Air Force 31, UNLV 20
Actual: Air Force 35, UNLV 20
Note: Air Force struggled early.  UNLV played well, taking a lead into halftime.  Eventually, the better team pulled it out.

I said: CSU 34, Wyoming 28
Actual: Wyoming 44, CSU 0
Note: I could not have been more wrong about this game.  CSU just quit when they got down early.  If I were a CSU fan I would be disgusted with how the Rams performed in a rivalry game.  The CSU fans that I know are!

I said: Utah 31, SDSU 24
Actual: Utah 38, SDSU 34
Note: I may have been close on the score, but I was totally off on how it played out.  I did not think Utah had the heart to come from behind.  Twice.  They were down 20-3, 27-10, and 34-24 and won the game.  In the fourth quarter they blocked a punt to set up the winning score.  Then they intercepted SDSU inside the 20-yard line and then again in the end zone in the final 6 minutes to preserve the 4-point win.  They showed a lot of guts.  The defense and special teams stepped up when they needed to.  The RBs took over the game when he needed to.  Jordan Wynn may have had the glossy stats, but, when the game was on the line, Asiata and Wide were carrying most of the load.  He may get there eventually, but he is not there now.  Ute fans better hope he gets there soon: they will need a QB they can count on at crunch time if they have any hope of winning the Pac 12!

1 comment: