Monday, November 8, 2010

MWC Predictions Recap, 2010 Week Ten

I said: Air Force 27, Army 20
Actual: Air Force 42, Army 22
Note: Air Force found its offense (and ability to not turn the ball over 5 times) a week too late for the conference race to matter.  They did win the Commander-in-Chief trophy for the first time since 2002.  Good for them and congratulations.

I said: Wyoming 31, New Mexico 23
Actual: New Mexico 34, Wyoming 31
Note: Well, I hit Wyoming's score right on.  New Mexico decided to show up for the first time this season, however.  Good for them.  Congratulations.  It's still a trainwreck down there in Albuquerque.

I said: SDSU 31, CSU 17
Actual: SDSU 24, CSU 19
Note: CSU faded down the stretch, blowing two second half leads.  SDSU, to their credit, made some HUGE plays when they needed it.

I said: TCU 31, Utah 20
Actual: TCU 47, Utah 7
Note: I thought TCU had the ability to blow them out, by 20 or so.  I would never have imagined (or hoped for) the 40-point beatdown.  I even wore my purple tie to church yesterday to pay homage to the mighty Horned Frogs (thanks, Adam, for picking such a ridiculous color for your wedding so I actually had a purple tie).  The question now is: can Boise State recover from TCU's thumping?  I had several people ask me how I thought Boise State might be able to catch TCU, even before this.  Well, my initial theory was that Boise State could still be ahead in the polls, which is still possible, but less likely now.  I will highlight how the BCS computer formula works, because I know there is some confusion, and, this year, there also happens to be interest in how it works with Boise State and TCU actually being in the NC discussion.  Later this week I will lay that all out there in as simple terms as possible.

That takes me to 45-6 on the MWC games this season.  I have improved my record to 4-5 on picking BYU games...I am just keeping pace with the Cougars.

3 comments:

  1. Good analysis again. I think you were quite close again with your picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some picked TCU in a close one, some picked Utah to pull it out. Some were right, some were wrong. But, in the end, aren't we all winners after the Utah-TCU game?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, 4 people picked TCU big. I am pulling for Boise State in the Title Game, so there were mixed results for me.

    ReplyDelete