Sunday, November 14, 2010

MWC Predictions Recap, 2010 Week Eleven

I said: Utah 31, Notre Dame 27
Actual: Utah 3, Notre Dame 28
Note: I was one point off of Notre Dame's score, and was, technically, only one point off of Utah's as well.  Just take that one away and I nailed it!  Before the game, I talked about how a bad start would doom Utah's confidence (which proved to be very true) and about their lack of leadership on the offensive side of the ball (which also proved to be very true).  When the chips were down in the third quarter, down 25 points, they ran the ball with Matt Asiata 7 consecutive plays.  Then they went to Wynn to close the drive out and he went 1-3, including incompletions on 3rd/4th and goal.  A powerback is usually not the type of player a coach would like to lead his team, especially down 25 points on the road: the drive took up over 6 minutes and eventually stalled inside the 10, yielding no points, because the powerback was so winded from running the ball so much that he couldn't finish the drive.

I said: TCU 38, SDSU 14
Actual: TCU 40, SDSU 35
Note: It was 37-14 at one point in the second half, before SDSU made a furious run at TCU.  A typical TCU performance would have probably kept that as a final score, but SDSU, as I told my wife, did not play scared of TCU like BYU and Utah did: they were true to their identity and it worked.  The Utes and Cougars played not to get blown out, and got blown out anyway.  SDSU went right at them and scored 35 points.  Good for them.  I'm interested to see what the point spread will be for Utah at SDSU this weekend.

I said: Air Force 38, New Mexico 17
Actual: Air Force 48, New Mexico 23
Note: Air Force won the Commander-in-Chief Trophy last week.  They are now in line for an 8-win season and no worse than 4th in the MWC.  On the bright side for Lobo Fans, New Mexico is actually scoring points these days.  They have scored 20 or more points in 4 of their last 6 games.  The defense is still ridiculously bad though...

I said: UNLV 24, Wyoming 21
Actual: UNLV 42, Wyoming 16
Note: Maybe BYU holding UNLV to 7 points was better than I thought.  Or the 5-point win over Wyoming is worse than I thought...

With the Utah whiff this week, I'm now at 48-7 on the season.

3 comments:

  1. Nobody got the Utah game right so don't feel bad; only Corso picked ND.
    Pretty good picks on the other games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't vote on your question of the day--OE (operator error) or ME (Mo error)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Must be operator error, I'm sure that doesn't surprise you...

    ReplyDelete