Saturday, January 8, 2011

Keeping Mo Honest: MWC 1/8/2011

SDSU at Utah
I said: SDSU 71, Utah 63
Actual: SDSU 71, Utah 62
Note: I'll try to tighten this up in the future and do better...

New Mexico at Wyoming
I said: New Mexico 62, Wyoming 52
Actual: Wyoming 67, New Mexico 66
Note: I gave New Mexico's defense a little too much credit.  Wyoming scored right at their season average.  I expected a little bit more out of the Lobos, even on the road.  Their already teetering hopes for an at-large NCAA Tournament bid took a HUGE hit with this loss.

TCU at UNLV
I said: UNLV 78, TCU 56
Actual: UNLV 83, TCU 49
Note: UNLV must have been even more focused than I thought.

Air Force at BYU
I said: BYU 73, Air Force 60
Actual: BYU 76, Air Force 66
Note: I was feeling real good with a halftime score of 37-30...

That takes me to 4-2 on the MWC season (I went 1-1 earlier this week).  BYU fans can expect BYU to be in the 11-12 range, maybe as low as 13, in the polls when they come out on Monday morning.  A lot of teams around them dropped a game or two this week, coupled with BYU's big win at UNLV, means the Cougars will be moving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment