Monday, October 18, 2010

MWC Predictions Recap, 2010 Week Seven

I said: CSU 27, UNLV 17
Actual: CSU 43, UNLV 10
Note: Offensive explosion at home for CSU.  Is UNLV that bad?  Probably.  1-6, with a blowout loss to CSU, is plenty of evidence for it.

I said: Utah 31, Wyoming 17
Actual: Utah 30, Wyoming 6
Note: is the Utah defense better than I give them credit for or is the Wyoming offense worse?  Combination of both, I am sure.  Utah gets another easy game this week before the gauntlet begins.  According to Jeff Sagarin, their strength of schedule is 110th.  They are 6-0, against 5 teams that will have losing records and Pitt, who is 3-3.  How good are the Utes?  Does anybody really know?  I think they are probably pretty darn good, but who can be sure?  Anybody in the top 25 could be 6-0 with their schedule.  Even BYU could probably be 6-0 with that patty-cake...well, let's not get nuts here: 5-1.  Maybe.

I said: Air Force 31, SDSU 20
Actual: SDSU 27, Air Force 25
Note: I thought Air Force would try to establish Tew for 100 yards.  In the first quarter, he got 5 carries for 16 yards, and well on his way, before breaking his leg.  There went my gameplan.  Air Force had tied the game with 2 minutes left before a replay overturned the two-point conversion attempt to tie and left them down two points.  A failed onside kick and one big play later, they were down 9.  You can't win them all.

That takes me to 36-4 in the MWC on the season, with a paltry 2-5 on BYU games.

No comments:

Post a Comment