Monday, October 11, 2010

MWC Predictions Recap, 2010, Week 6

I said: Air Force 34, CSU 6
Actual: AFA 49, CSU 27
Note: Offensive explosion for both teams.  Congrats to Air Force who moved up to 23 in the rankings.  They have one more chance to break the top 20 with a win at SDSU before playing at TCU and against Utah, which would ruin just about anyone's season.

I said: West Virginia 34, UNLV 24
Actual: 49-10, WVU
Note: About what I expected to happen, but I had to take at least one risk in my predictions...

I said: TCU 48, Wyoming 10
Actual: TCU 45, Wyoming 0
Note: Scoring on TCU is even harder than I thought.  Good luck this weekend, BYU...

I said: Utah 31, Iowa State 27
Actual: Utah 68, Iowa State 27
Note: I was perfect on Iowa State's score...I still just do not know how great Utah is right now.  I know they are pretty good.  But the Pitt win loses more luster each week.  However, to score 68 on the road against anybody is very impressive, and consider that this is a BCS conference team that went to, and won, a bowl game last season.  I cannot wait for their test stretch: at Air Force, TCU, at Notre Dame.  THEN we will know something about them...

I said: New Mexico State 24, New Mexico 17
Actual: NMSU 16, UNM 14.
Note: Um...yeah.

So that takes me to 34-3 on the MWC season, for those of you scoring at home, or if you're alone.

1 comment: