Saturday, August 3, 2013

Mo's Predicted Conference Standings: SEC

West
1. Alabama
2. Ole Miss
3. LSU
4. Texas A&M
5. Arkansas
6. Auburn
7. Mississippi State

East
1. Georgia
2. South Carolina
3. Florida
4. Missouri
5. Tennessee
6. Vanderbilt
7. Kentucky

Bama is the clear cut favorite to win the SEC West, the SEC, and the National Championship.  Their only real regular season challenge is at Ole Miss.  My model predicts a double-digit win at Texas A&M (and I whole-heartedly agree, I think A&M is in for a rude awakening this season).  Georgia COULD give Bama a challenge in the SEC Title game, since Bama only has one week to prepare for the game.  The only other team in the country that my model thinks can challenge Bama in the National Championship game is Stanford (and Ohio State, but I refuse to believe that Ohio State could challenge any REAL football team they play...which is ZERO in Big Ten play).

Ole Miss is the surprise team in my model, which is something I can get on board with.  I think Mississippi State is a little low, as on paper they aren't as good as they have been on the field the past few years.

Vanderbilt never looks great on paper, and my model shows the same.  But I would be shocked to actually see them finish below both Missouri and Tennessee.

Otherwise, I like the model and what it predicts.  I don't predict a whole lot of drama in the SEC, as I do in some other conferences, but watch out for Ole Miss.  My model has them pushing for a BCS bowl game at 10-2, with losses to Texas and Alabama.  They play 6 straight home games, including a projected win over Texas A&M.

No comments:

Post a Comment