Wednesday, August 28, 2013

2013 CFB Week One Predictions (Weekend)

Purdue at Cincinnati: 21-31
I don't expect either team to have a stellar season, but hey, props to a Big Ten team that will travel out of its home state before October (especially in a non-conference game against a BCS opponent)!

Rice at Texas A&M: 34-41
So Manziel has to sit a half...if the NCAA had at least given him a WHOLE game, I think Rice would actually win this one.  Don't sleep on the Owls.  Oh, and full disclosure, I think A&M loses 4 or 5 games this season...

Mississippi State vs. OK State: 29-35
Big XII needs every win against a BCS foe it can get this year, as perception for them has really dropped this season.  I guess that's the problem with having a LOT of good teams instead of just two or three...

Syracuse vs. Penn State: 20-28
I think Penn State has another nice 8-4 season ahead of them.  Props to the players for battling through a tough situation that had nothing to do with them.

NIU at Iowa: 34-24
I think NIU starts off the season with a bang, after ending last season with a dud...

UL-Lafayette at Arkansas: 20-23
I'm not quite willing to pull the trigger on the upset here, however, I will say this one would be worth watching if you happen to have ESPN3 handy at 4pm ET on Saturday.

Alabama vs. Virginia Tech: 28-14
Every year Bama has a "marquee" game within the first two weeks against a beatable opponent.  Va Tech fits that bill this season after a couple of overrated Big Ten patsies.  When this game was scheduled, it looked like a good fit...in my opinion, though Virginia Tech has had decent records for the past 6-7 years, they have been a slow downward trend.  Again, not necessarily record-wise, but they just don't seem like the same dominant team they were in the middle of last decade.

Georgia at Clemson: 21-27
I've got Georgia winning the BCS Title, so I can't pick them to lose week one!  Although, if you are going to lose, week 1 is better than week 14...

LSU vs. TCU: 17-19
I'm going for the mild upset here.  I anticipate LSU having a down season, by LSU standards, so why not start them off on the wrong foot...

Boise State at Washington: 20-26
This one should be fun, but I think the stadium opening affair goes the way of the home team.  Mush Huskies.

Northwestern at California: 34-28
TWO Big Ten teams playing non-conference road games against BCS opponents in the SAME week?  Unheard of...

Colorado vs. Colorado State: 27-31
CU just has so far to go after last year.  They were downright awful.  This would be a good message to send, but I think one round of spring ball and one fall camp isn't enough to push past what I expect to be a half-decent CSU squad.

Florida State at Pittsburgh: 20-10
This is the closest the Seminoles will have to a challenge until October...

No comments:

Post a Comment