Saturday, December 4, 2010

MWC Prediction, 2010 Week Fourteen, Plus Future Posts and Christmas Shopping Help

UNLV at Hawaii
Hawaii is good.  UNLV sucks.  Hawaii is playing for a chance to finish the season in the BCS standings for the first time since their Sugar Bowl debacle of 3 years back, which they will do if they get a win here.  Hawaii 52, UNLV 10.

Sorry, I know there isn't much analysis there.  The UNLV defense is giving 38 points/game, and nearly 44 points/game on the road.  The Hawaii offense averages 38 points/game, and nearly 43 points/game at home.  The UNLV offense averages 18 points/game.  The Hawaii defense gives up 23 points/game, but only 11 points/game at home against teams with losing records.  Analysis: a lot to a little.

A Thanks
Thanks again to everyone who has been following my blog.  I nearly shut it down after last hoops season, but, thanks to encouragement from my wife and from many of you (and because of all of the expansion news...), I plugged back in.  So thanks and I hope you enjoy my stuff.  I do appreciate and welcome comments, feedback, and even guest posts.  There were several milestones for the blog this week: I wrote my 500th post, the blog had its first back-to-back days with over 100 views, the blog had its first week with over 500 views, and it was also the first month with over 1,700 views.  Thanks for reading.  Thanks for sharing with your fellow BYU and MWC fans!  I hope I can keep writing stuff you all like to hear.

Future Posts
Future non-regular posts (not previews/predictions or recaps of football or basketball games) will include: a comparison of the 2012 Big East vs. 2012 MWC (to see if there was any reason besides the BCS label that TCU left the MWC), a look ahead at BYU's 2011 football opponents, a look at what BYU is bringing back for 2011, a peak into BYU's future life as a WCC basketball team.  At some point I would like to come up what all of the conferences will look like in 2012, but the Big Ten may announce another change or two in the spring.  Plus anything that any of you readers would like to see.  You can e-mail me with what you want to read at moknowssports@gmail.com or just leave a comment after an article.  Or you can call me if you have my new home phone number: I shut off my cell phone last week...while everyone else moves forward with nicer, newer, better cell phones, I returned to just a home phone.  At least it's a cordless.

Christmas Shopping Help
For those looking for board games, either for personal use or for Christmas presents, Mo recommends checking out boardgamerevolution.com.  I use it, I love it.  They have a plethora of games to choose from, including Days of Wonder and Rio Grande games.  Games are much cheaper than anywhere else I have found them, usually between $10-$15 cheaper/game.  Shipping is about $8 (I think it's free if you spend $150 or so) and it usually ships to your house in less than two weeks, complete with FedEx tracking to follow your shipment.  No, they are not paying me for this advertisement, I am just trying to help people out with their Christmas shopping!  Plus, I think we could all benefit from an increase in good board games!

No comments:

Post a Comment