Thursday, October 16, 2008

I stand corrected in a big way. I didn't think there was any way TCU could blow BYU out. I thought they could win, certainly. TCU looked that good tonight. They had that killer instinct that they lacked last year. Where were these Horned Frogs against Oklahoma? Max Hall looked that bad, constantly forcing things into coverage. It's one thing if he makes good throws after making bad reads, but he was making bad throws after making bad reads. The times he did make good throws and good decisions, it was a dropped pass as often as a completion. TCU knew exactly what BYU wanted to do and they stopped them. On offense they attacked BYU where they knew it was weak: any pass under 10 yards. I don't know where BYU goes from here, but the good news is that there is no where to go but up. The other good news is that my wife called me from Armenia during the 4th so I could turn it off and be excited about something for the first time in 2.5 hours.

I had as my big upset this weekend CSU beating Utah, but I don't see it happening now. When Utah needs or wants to make a statement, they do. I don't think Utah players had their heads in the right place, after reading quotes from coaches, players, etc. this week. But now they have a chance to prove, in their own minds at least, that they are the best team in the MWC, though how could anybody argue against TCU. They played like a team on a mission. The last two times Utah played like a team on a mission was their 3 point win over Oregon State and prior to that it was their 2 point win over Michigan. It wasn't a 25-point win over the team with the longest winning streak in the country. I don't like to compare scores but how would TCU-UCLA play out?

Anyway, I'll have to switch positions with this new information and go with South Carolina as my upset special for the weekend over LSU. Although, I still wouldn't count Utah incapable of laying an egg. It looks like sour grapes right now, but I've been saying it for a few weeks now: CSU might be that annual shoot-ourselves-in-the-foot game for the Utes.

Wow, 32-7. When I told my wife the score she said: I thought TCU would put up more of a fight. That says it all right there.

2 comments:

  1. my sense of security was false...jerk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still can't get over that!!! HOW ON EARTH DID WE MANAGE TO LOOSE TO TCU??????? HOW?????????????? UGH!

    ReplyDelete