Thursday, January 7, 2010

Roll Tide

Congrats, Bama. You EKED out a win over a freshman QB, when your defense got away with at least 6 OBVIOUS offsides and 4 pass interferences. Number 51, Bama's DE, lined up in the neutral zone play after play after play. This was not unique to this game: game after game this bowl season, player after player lined up offsides play after play after play. Maybe that ought to be a point of emphasis with the officials next season...


Anyway, congrats to Bama for taking McCoy out early, because they would not have won this game if he had played 4 quarters. Saban is a great coach, when he can keep his players motivated, which hasn't always been the case when he has been there. He is also a total lying sack of crap, who also knows exactly how to coach his defense so they can get away with whatever they want. Growing up I loved Bama. I think Roll Tide was the first sports phrase I learned as a kid. But with Saban there, I just can't be excited for Bama's successes. I don't even like Texas, or Florida, or Tennessee, but I found myself rooting my guts out for them when they played the Tide. Oh why, Colt, why? Pitch the ball and live to play another down, quarter, half, and game. And BTHO Nick Saban. Here's to another 6-6 Bama record next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment