Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I can admit it

My predictions for last weekend sucked. Totally. Across the board. I am entitled to a week like that every now and again. That was my 2nd such weekend this season, but I still maintain around 75% on my picks for the season.
BYU dominated. Ole Miss pulled it out against LSU. I did get the Pac 10 games right, so I'll go ahead and take some credit.

Now, the Big Ten conference season is over. Let's see how I did. I said:
Ohio State
Penn State
Michigan State
Iowa
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Illinois
Michigan
Minnesota
Purdue
Indiana

It was:
Ohio State
Iowa
Penn State
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Purdue
Minnesota
Illinois
Michigan
Indiana

I was a little off on the two Michigan schools, giving both of them a little too much credit, and I didn't give quite enough credit to Iowa and Purdue: though Purdue still didn't make a bowl game. I challenge you to find an "expert" who more accurately predicted the Big Ten before the season started! I am curious to see what you find...I stand by my performance unless someone shows me a much more accurate prediction.

2 comments:

  1. I think you got two right. I could that good with a decent dart board.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got first and last spot on: does the rest really matter? I meant generally I was pretty close on where teams would finish...

    ReplyDelete