Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Feeling good about myself today

Well, BYU finally brought some pressure and it paid off. It was Wyoming, but still...they brought 5 guys frequently and even if they didn't get to the QB they made him dance in the pocket and made his job more difficult. It made it easier for the DBs, and so the coverage looked a lot better. The proof is in the stats, where BYU absolutely dominated. 0 points. 225 total yards. 3.8 yards/play. Was it that hard to bring 5 guys? Keep it up.

Another reason I'm happy with myself: Utah listened to me. I'm sure that's where they got the idea to start Jordan Wynn. And their offense finally looked as good as their fans think it is. I highlighted their offensive struggles and why there was no reason for it last week, stating that they should definitely start Wynn. They dropped 45 points, 10 more than their previous high this season. Granted, it was New Mexico, the worst team they have played this season. However, they have played some pretty poor defenses, so to get 10 more than they did against UNLV and Utah State, and 21 more than they did against Colorado State, is impressive.

1 comment: