Saturday, September 19, 2009

Weekend Predictions

I have some witnesses that I picked Boise State by 17 last night. Looks like I nailed that one.

Short on time, so I'll just throw some score predictions out.

California over Minnesota, 35-13. I do think this is Cal's year: if they can't take the Pac 10 from USC this year, it will be a few years before they can mount another serious challenge to the Trojans...
Kansas over Duke 42-17.
Ohio State better put up 35 or more if they want to beat Toledo on the road: 42-34.
East Carolina upsets North Carolina 24-10.
Clemson beats Boston College 38-28.
USC, coming off a big game, QB situation in flux, always has a down game in conference. Is this it? Washington, elated after their first victory in a LONG time, will give the Trojans a fantastic game: USC avoids the upset, though, 31-28.
Utah's first test. Going on the road to a hostile environment. Oregon needs something positive in a big way. One of these teams is going to get going today. Based on Utah's QB and Oregon's home-field, I'm going to say it's Oregon 38-17, but I could be EXACTLY wrong and it might be 38-17 the other way. Like I said, one of these teams is going to get rolling today at the expense of the other. Pretty much everybody outside of the top 5 has showed a lot of inconsistency thus far, Utah and Oregon both are included in that list for sure. Anna, this pick is for you. Go Ducks!
Oklahoma over Tulsa 38-24.
Virginia Tech over Nebraska 31-16.
Florida over Tennessee 45-13.
Notre Dame over Michigan State, 35-24.
Wyoming over Colorado (this looks more like a must win for the Mountain West than a good, surprising upset by a bottom-feeder over a bottom-feeder), 13-10. If CU doesn't win here, their season is DONE.
Iowa over Arizona, 27-20.
SMU over Washington State, 38-24.
CSU over Nevada, 38-35 (more of a hope than what I actually think will happen).
Baylor over UConn, 27-13.
Pitt over Navy in a great game: 31-27.
Oregon State over Cincy, 38-31 (they better play SOME D if the Beavers want to pull this one off: not sold on Cincy until they defeat a REAL opponent on the road, Rutgers doesn't count).
OK State over Rice, 48-28.
Texas A&M over Utah State, 31-24.
Northwestern over the Cuse, 41-28.
Georgia over Arkansas, 38-35.
Auburn over West Virginia, 27-17.
UCLA over K-State (even with their backup QB), 35-10.
BYU over Florida State, 31-17 (I think BYU struggles early, but as emotional as Florida State plays, I think they run out of gas in the 4th after wasting a lot of energy celebrating big plays early in the game: I may get to a preview of this game later, but I'm not sure, I am pretty stoked to be attending this one, I know Florida State isn't ranked, but the air in Provo tells me for the people here this is the BIGGEST game played in LaVell Edwards Stadium in a long time).

No comments:

Post a Comment