Friday, August 7, 2009

65 predictions, #27

In honor of my attending the Cubs game tonight, I'm going to make a prediction about the college football team on the North Side, Northwestern.

#27: Northwestern will not win the Big 10. I know, I'm not breaking new ground with that statement. However, they will win 7, maybe even 8, games, finish in the top half of the league and go to a bowl game. I'm not sure you can ever REALLY compete at Northwestern with the academic restrictions there, but Pat Fitzgerald seems to do a good job maximizing his talent. His teams have struggled in October over his 3-year tenure. I think part of that is due to a light non-conference slate, then the struggle adjusting to the speed and size of their Big Ten opponents (I know that doesn't sound quite right, but Minnesota and Purde are a far cry above Towson, Eastern Michigan, Syracuse, and Miami of Ohio). They get to ease into a bit more this season, but we'll see how it works out. 7-8 wins, a bowl game, but no Rose Bowl for the Wildcats this year.

Go Cubbies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment