Friday, September 27, 2013

MTSU-BYU First Half Reaction

I said a couple of times in this space that MTSU would give BYU a rougher first half than most fans would expect.  BYU came out and wanted to be the aggressor.  They definitely won the physicality battle, but in doing so were totally careless with the football and had several penalties.

The WRs don't seem to know what to do after they catch the ball.  They look like a deer in the headlights.  I guess that's because they aren't used to having the ball thrown so consistently catchable, then catching it, and having space to run.  I hope they figure it out.  Falslev looks like the only guy who knows what YAC is...

It's time to find out how deep the RBs are.  I also think we'll have an opportunity to see some 3rd stringers on the defense (except in the secondary b/c Bronco NEVER plays backup DBs).  I'll stand by my pre-game prediction of 44-13.  That means second half needs to be BYU 21, MTSU 3.  I could see that happening...

No comments:

Post a Comment