Saturday, November 10, 2012

Idaho-BYU Prediction, 11/10/2012

This one is simple:

BYU average to mediocre offense (occasional glimpses of slightly above average) vs. Idaho mediocre defense.  Edge: BYU.

BYU superb defense vs. Idaho mediocre offense.  Edge: BYU.  Big.

Cold Provo weather vs. Late night game.  Edge: not the fans.

Bronco Mendenhall and set staff vs. Idaho coaching shuffle.  Edge: BYU.

I'm guessing this isn't as big of a blowout as it should be, but I suspect BYU scores near 40 points and gives up 10.  We'll call it 41-10.

Next week will be BYU's last game that resembles a challenge in any way this season, depending on the bowl game matchup (which is likely to be SDSU or Fresno State at this point).

As for BYU's bowl matchup, I'd put my money on Boise State or SDSU winning the MWC.  If Boise wins, they'll go to Vegas and SDSU will go to Poinsettia.  If SDSU wins it, they'll go to Vegas and Poinsettia probably selects Fresno State ahead of Boise State, Air Force, and Nevada (though as a BYU fan, I'd rather see Air Force, to me, that was the biggest loss when BYU left the MWC!).  I could be wrong and Fresno State wins the MWC, in which case it's probably still SDSU playing BYU.

You want a real prediction here: SDSU ties with Boise State for the MWC crown and then the Vegas Bowl has to decide...I think they go with the 10-2 top 25 Broncos and that the 9-3 unranked Aztecs stay in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment