Tuesday, July 27, 2010

MWC Media Days

Time for the annual pick-it-way-wrong MWC Media Days.  I hear even Graham Watson might show up and actually cover one of the conferences she's been assigned (and gets paid) to cover.

Well, this is what I expect to see from the media poll on the MWC:

1. TCU (it should be unanimous: if it's not, it's because there's a Ute homer in the crowd, drinking the Pac 10 Kool-Aid)
2. Utah
3. BYU
4. Air Force
5. Wyoming
6. SDSU
7. UNLV
8. CSU
9. New Mexico

Pre-Season Offensive Player of the Year: Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
Pre-Season Defensive Player of the Year: Reggie Rembert, DB, Air Force

Those are just my thoughts on what it's going to be, not on what it will actually end up being...once fall camp hits and we know who the starting QBs will be at BYU, CSU, and UNM, as well as how some of the freshmen will fit into the depth chart at all of the schools, I'll make my actual predictions for the conference standings.  I won't bestow any Pre-Season POY honors: they don't mean diddly!

2 comments:

  1. K, so flip UNLV and CSU and you have the actual MWC preseason poll. Also, Tank Carder, LB of TCU, was the Pre-Season Defensive Player of the Year, and not Reggie Rembert, DB of Air Force. I'm a little bit surprised, seeing as how Carder will be coming off of shoulder surgery (it was originally thought that he would miss the first few games, but it appears he'll be back).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks son. I think Utah will not perform as picked as every team will be after them since they are leaving. And Kyle has shown that he can't get his team up every week like Urban could. I don't think anyone wants them to do well and then go to the PAC 10 and finish in the middle of the pack.

    ReplyDelete